Anyone working in the animal health industry is encouraged to attend the 36th annual Veterinary Meeting and Expo (VMX) scheduled for January 18-22, 2020. Thousands of vets, nurses, techs, support staff and other leading experts from around the world will gather at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida to discuss and demonstrate life-changing advances in animal medicine. Here’s what’s happening at the world’s largest veterinary conference hosted in 2020.
NAVC CEO Eugene O’ Neill pointed out that there will be over 700 exhibiting companies with the latest in pharmaceuticals, surgical, medical equipment and nutrition. In fact, there will be more than 1200 CE credit hours to choose from on some of these topics.
- Medical marijuana and pets – This was one of the most popular topics last year; it’s also a complicated one as experts continue to explore the safety, legality and effectiveness of cannabis use in the vet industry.
- Trends in early cancer detection – Dr. Sue Ettinger, one of the world’s leading veterinary oncologists, will be on site presenting about treatment and care options for pets.
- Vet medicine of the future – From adoptive immunotherapy to using artificial intelligence, there are some exciting breakthroughs being introduced around the vet community.
- Fear free workshops and certification – Learn new approaches and gentle techniques to help ease the anxiety and stress of pets and owners.
- Nutrition – Learn more about pet dietary restrictions and nutrition from Ellen Lowry.
You can also look forward to hearing from some of these trending speakers.
- Marty Becker, DVM – The founder of Fear FreeSM
- Stephen Cital, RVT, SRA, RLAT, VCCS, VTS (LAM) – Speaker of the Year-Cofounder of The Vet Cannabis Academy
- Tres Clarke, DVM, DACZM – Senior staff vet at SeaWorld San Diego
- Sue Ettinger, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) – Vet cancer specialist
There are also plenty of enhanced learning opportunities through electives like hands-on workshops, behind the scenes tours and meet the professor luncheons. But it might be the exclusive nightly entertainment and events that attendees enjoy the most. Country music singer Jake Owen will headline the 2020 VMX concert series.
In order to take advantage of all the event has to offer, consider creating a VMX schedule by marking your favorite sessions and speakers using the VMX online planner and downloading the mobile app when it becomes available in the fall. In the meantime, you can receive news and updates by joining the email list at NAVC.com/VMX.
Are you looking for top talent in the Specialty Chemical, Plastics, or Animal Health industry?
Contact us to discuss how we can bring top leadership talent to your team. Boaz Partners is a premier executive search firm focused on the direct recruitment of executives and professionals for the specialty chemicals and plastics space. We are your partner, and our focus is on custom recruiting solutions.
Are you a professional looking for a new opportunity?
Contact us to discuss your career options or browse our open positions.