The New Year is quickly approaching and before you know it, we will be in 2023. New Year’s resolutions are always a hot topic around this time of year. Exercising, eating healthy, reading more, or picking up a new hobby are typical resolutions. Why not make some that will work towards your career goals? If you need a place to start when thinking of career-related New Year’s resolutions, here is a quick list to get you thinking!
- Learn a new skill
- Earn a certification that will boost your experience
- Lead a project
- Do some cross-functional training
- Update your resume
- Update your LinkedIn and fill in any missing pieces
- Set time aside for personal branding
- Build out your network
- Attend a networking event
- Find a mentor
- Set email boundaries- when to open and reply to them and when to prioritize them
- Declutter your workspace and keep it decluttered
- Find new tools to be more efficient
- Improve communication skills
- Work towards a promotion
- Find a new career opportunity
- Refine or tune-up existing skills
- Keep up to date on industry knowledge
- Network with an industry recruiter such as a chemical recruiter or animal health recruiter
- Cut down or resist distractions while working
- Get a new professional headshot
- Keep a to-do list and keep up with it
- Set time aside to read to learn more about your industry
- Read a professional development book
- Take an online course
- Reach out to and stay in touch with professional connections
- Be a mentor to someone
Resolutions are the decision to do something. These can be steps necessary to reach your goals or just action items to increase happiness and satisfaction in your day-to-day life. With manageable resolutions, you can take your career to the next level in 2023.
Are you looking for top talent in the Specialty Chemical, Advanced Materials, or Animal Health industry?
Contact us to discuss how we can bring top leadership talent to your team. Boaz Partners is a premier executive search firm focused on the direct recruitment of executives and professionals for the specialty chemicals and animal health space. We are your partner, and our focus is on custom recruiting solutions.