The first communication in most job processes is almost always a phone interview. Companies use it as a cost and time saving method to narrow down potential candidates to the real contenders. This is the time to set the tone for future interviews with a great first impression. Follow these tips to a successful interview…
1. Prepare the same way you would an in-person interview.
2. Take notes during the interview
3. Have a copy of the job description- this will help formulate questions (have those questions prepared and written down)
4. Do your research- look up the company, mission statement, etc…
5. Have a copy of your resume in front of you
6. Make sure you are in a location that is quiet, with good reception, and allows you to speak freely.
7. Answer the phone professionally
Visit the Candidates tab of our website for more interview tips and videos